The OAHS Home Health Agency is a hospital-based agency. Staff provide services to patients who live in west central Minnesota and northeastern South Dakota.
Services offered through OAHS Home Health Agency include:
- Registered Nursing Services – Skilled nursing care is directed by the physician and provided by a Registered Nurse. Services include wound care, medication management, diabetic management and teaching, physical assessment, and lab draws for bloodwork.
- Home Health Aide Services – Home Health Aides assist with activities of daily living and are supervised by a Registered Nurse. Services include personal hygiene, range of motion and assistance with movement, bedmaking and linen change, minimal light housekeeping, laundry and meal preparation.
- Physical Therapy Services – Physical Therapy services are available only under Medicare benefit. Under a physician’s order, the physical therapist will assist with therapeutic exercises, gait training and balance training.
- Homemaking Services and Companion Services – Homemaking and Companion Services are only available under the AC & EW programs.
- Customized Living Program – This program is a partnership between OAHS Home Health and Big Stone County HRA. Customized Living is a special combination of daily helping services, that make it possible for older or disabled persons to remain in their own apartment as long as they are able to safely do so. Some of the daily helping services include: personal care, laundry services, housekeeping, socialization and other activities of daily living. This program is offered at Lakeside Apartments, Ortonville, MN. Eligibility is determined during a screening done with a long-term care consultant at Big Stone County Human Services
The OAHS Home Health Agency receives payment from insurance, Medical Assistance, Medicare, Veterans Administration, Alternate Care Grants and private pay sources. It is a Medicare-certified Home Health Agency.
The office is open from 8 am to 4:30 pm Monday through Friday. Staff is on call from 7 am to 7 pm Saturday and Sunday.
For more information, please contact the OAHS Home Health Agency at 320-839-4020.