Ortonville Hospital is a designated Critical Access Hospital. Our 25 beds include both acute care and swing beds. In addition four bassinets are available to welcome our newest area residents.
24-HOUR EMERGENCY ROOM – Emergency services are available 24 hours a day, 7 days per week in the Ortonville Hospital Emergency Room.
LABORATORY – Our laboratory performs medical tests that analyze samples of a person’s body fluids, tissues or wastes. Your health care provider may order lab tests to diagnose medical conditions, for health screenings or to monitor treatment. Tests offered by Ortonville Hospital’s lab department include:
- Hematology – blood tests which examine the cellular content which could include the presence of anemia, leukemia, viral versus bacterial infections or other conditions.
- Coagulation – tests to detect clotting abnormalities and monitoring coumadin therapy.
- Chemestry – Blood tests such as cholesterol screening, diabetes screening, liver function tests, kidney function tests, potassium, sodium, thyroid and prostate screening, the monitoring of some therapeutic drugs plus many other tests to help your physician with an appropriate diagnosis. Cardiac enzymes to access possible heart attack (myocardial infarction/M.I.)
- Serology – Body fluids, blood or urine can be used to detect infectious diseases such as RSV, rapid strep, Influenza A, mono. Can also be used to detect pregnancies.
- Screenings for Drugs – Tests to determine if there are drugs of abuse present.
- Urinalysis – Urine testing may help detect diabetes, infection of the urinary tract, liver and kidney
problems, prostate problems, drugs of abuse, poisoning, pregnancy and other conditions can be determined.
- Blood Banking – Test information is used to prevent problems with blood transfusions or problems due to differences between a mother’s and her unborn baby’s blood.
RADIOLOGY – Many radiologic tests are available at Ortonville Hospital. These services are provided by fully trained and certified staff. Mammography X-rays Bone Density Stress Testing.
CT SERVICE – In-house CT services are available at Ortonville Hospital. Our new state-of-the-art Aquillion 32 scanner is located in the Radiology Department and staffed by certified, trained technicians.
MOBILE DIAGNOSTIC SERVICES – including nuclear medicine, MRI and Ultrasound, are provided on a regular basis thus providing full range of diagnostic services – close to home.
OUTPATIENT SERVICES CENTER – Ortonville Hospital’s Outpatient Services Center was constructed to meet the needs our growing number of patients. The Center is 30,000 square feet. The Outpatient Services Center is “home” for Northside Medical Clinic, Big Stone Therapies, Inc., Cardiac Rehabilitation, Chemotherapy Suite, Outreach Specialty Clinics and Radiology.
IN-HOUSE CHEMOTHERAPY SERVICES – Chemotherapy Services are available Monday – Friday in our Chemotherapy Suite. Our suite was designed for comfort of the patient and staff have completed training to provide the treatments under the direction of your physician and oncologist
SPECIALTY OUTREACH PROGRAM – General Surgery Cardiology Urology Podiatry Orthopedics Neurology Gastroenterology (GI) Ear, Nose Throat (ENT) Ophthalmology Oncology OB/GYN Psychology Audiology Grief Center.
HOSPICE PROGRAM – Hospice provides care to both patients and families when a family member has been medically diagnosed with a terminal progressive disease. It neither hastens nor postpones death, but affirms life and regards dying as a normal process. Rice Hospice is OAHS’ partner for providing hospice services to the area.